Holiday Retirement Recreation Enrichment Coordinator in Little Rock, Arkansas
Recreation Enrichment Coordinator
• A known champion for creating a culture that is resident directed, focused on identifying and highlighting resident strengths, creating an environment that restores one’s purpose and allows opportunities for being well-known and belonging in the community.
• Promotes spontaneous happenings and a variety of activities that combat loneliness, helplessness and boredom among residents.
• Speaks often of resident’s simple pleasures and finds ways for associates and residents to work together to restore meaningful joys.
• Assume responsibility to educate other associates on creating an environment where strengths, purpose and belonging flourish and grow.
• Suggest topics and lead learning circles focused on the resident’s experience.
• Involves residents in all resident experience decision and asks residents for solutions to any issues the community encounters.
• Serves as the first point of contact for residents and guests; covers the reception desk and answers incoming calls as determined by management.
• Supports residents and guests with questions, concerns and emergencies; may be the first point of contact for emergency responders and/or regulatory agencies.
• Supports community operations to ensure the highest levels of resident experience and satisfaction.
• Encourages resident volunteerism and tracks metrics of hours that residents are giving back to others.
• Produce a monthly newsletter/calendar of events and activities.
• Adheres to monthly budget and continually looks for ways to enhance the resident experience in terms of the quality of programs paid vendors deliver.
• Plan and implement special seasonal events to celebrate resident birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
• Keeps Activity Room organized and welcoming.
• Implement and carryout Resident Welcome Home Program as well as assuming partial responsibility for resident satisfaction with in the first 90 days.
• Lead exercise sessions and coordinate with professional instructors to teach fitness classes (i.e., Tai Chi or Yoga) – based on budget and/or resident interest.
• Coordinate resident and public volunteers to successfully enhance daily activities and events – focusing on volunteers’ interests and passions.
• Participate in regional conference calls and companywide trainings.
• Build relationships and market program successes on a weekly basis with local community contacts. Network to establish opportunities for residents to volunteer and give back to the local community.
• Promote your activities, events, and community within the media by working with Support Center Communications and Resident Experience (PR opportunities, Facebook, Yammer, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Ref: 125727