Holiday Retirement Resident Experience Coordinator in Knoxville, Tennessee
Resident Experience Coordinator
At Holiday, we are serious about helping seniors enjoy a well-earned retirement. If you are a talented and driven leader who shares our passion to serve customers and inspire excellence, consider joining us.
In the role of Resident Experience Coordinator, you are empowered to work side by side with resident’s discovering their strengths and talents to provide a purpose for each new day. Facilitating connections so people become well-known and belong to the community is an integral component of every task. Once individuals discover their strengths, engage in their purpose, and belong to the community, activities emerge.
• Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
• Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
• Seizes more opportunities than others and empowers residents to be as independent as possible
• Seeks out resident recommendations for new activities and leads and facilitates as needed.
• Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions
• Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming setting
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
• Builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships
• Uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably
Learning on the Fly
• Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to opportunities for improvement
• Looks for solutions to less than desirable outcomes
• Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time
• Concentrates his/her efforts on the most important and resident specific tasks
• Implements an organized daily routine to master the need to wear many hats in the community
• Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
• Can get messages across that have the desired effect
• A known champion for creating a culture that is resident directed, focused on identifying and highlighting resident strengths, creating an environment that restores one’s purpose and allows opportunities for being well-known and belonging in the community.
• Promotes spontaneous happenings and a variety of activities that combat loneliness, helplessness and boredom among residents.
• Speaks often of resident’s simple pleasures and finds ways for associates and residents to work together to restore meaningful joys.
• Assume responsibility to educate other associates on creating an environment where strengths, purpose and belonging flourish and grow.
• Suggest topics and lead learning circles focused on the resident’s experience.
• Involves residents in all resident experience decision and asks residents for solutions to any issues the community encounters.
• Serves as the first point of contact for residents and guests; covers the reception desk and answers incoming calls as determined by management.
• Supports residents and guests with questions, concerns and emergencies; may be the first point of contact for emergency responders and/or regulatory agencies.
• Supports community operations to ensure the highest levels of resident experience and satisfaction.
• Encourages resident volunteerism and tracks metrics of hours that residents are giving back to others.
• Produce a monthly newsletter/calendar of events and activities.
• Adheres to monthly budget and continually looks for ways to enhance the resident experience in terms of the quality of programs paid vendors deliver.
• Plan and implement special seasonal events to celebrate resident birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
• Keeps Activity Room organized and welcoming.
• Implement and carryout Resident Welcome Home Program as well as assuming partial responsibility for resident satisfaction with in the first 90 days.
• Lead exercise sessions and coordinate with professional instructors to teach fitness classes (i.e., Tai Chi or Yoga) – based on budget and/or resident interest.
• Coordinate resident and public volunteers to successfully enhance daily activities and events – focusing on volunteers’ interests and passions.
• Participate in regional conference calls and companywide trainings.
• Build relationships and market program successes on a weekly basis with local community contacts. Network to establish opportunities for residents to volunteer and give back to the local community.
• Promote your activities, events, and community within the media by working with Support Center Communications and Resident Experience (PR opportunities, Facebook, Yammer, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Ref: 9027