Holiday Retirement Office Manager in Knoxville, Tennessee
In the role of Business Office Manager, you will be responsible to provide support for administrative leadership to the community.
• Answer incoming calls and greet walk in traffic in a polite profession manner, which may include Inquiry Intake of potential residents, general questions, family members and/or vendors. Making sure to direct/pass messages to the appropriate party.
• Account Receivable – conduct collections, send letters and make calls as needed to ensure AR balances are within company expectations.
• Payroll – ensure associates ADP records are accurate and timely to ensure payroll is processing accurate pay checks.
• Complete New Hire Paperwork for all new associates to community. Ensure accuracy and timely submission to Home Office for payroll & benefit purposes.
• Resident Relations – answer questions, provide back up support and assistance to the Enrichment Coordinator as needed
• Suggest and drive resident, visitor, and guest participation in completing the survey questionnaire.
• Sales support – provide back up support to Assistant Manager on Tours and Leases
• General Community Paperwork – responsible for mail, marketing packets, menus, print schedules, do thank you cards, mass market emails, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Specific to the position:
• Knowledgeable about how organizations work
• Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal networks
• Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures
• Understands the cultures of organizations
• Breaks down work into the process steps
• Develops schedules and task/people assignments
• Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting
• Tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting
• Waits for others to catch up before acting
• Sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious
• Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others
• Builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it
• Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
• Empowers others
• Is someone people like to work for and with
• Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time
• Concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities
• Gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
• Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
• Can get messages across that have the desired effect
Job Ref: 8402