Holiday Retirement PT Dining Room Server in Boynton Beach, Florida
PT Dining Room Server
In the role of Server, you will be responsible for providing dining service of meals to our residents in a courteous and friendly manner. In addition, you will be responsible for setup and cleanup after meal service.
• Greet residents and guests at each table with a smile to serve beverages, cereals, and/or soups/salads from cart. Courteously and clearly review the menu of the meal, take resident orders; serve meals and desserts.
• Return cart to kitchen and assist with storage of perishable items. If needed, deliver trays to resident rooms.
• Bus and clear dishes from tables after meal and reset for next meal following proper sanitizing procedures for tables and chairs as outlined in the Food Service Guidelines. Vacuum carpets, etc.
• Complete side work – fill sugar holders, replenish creamers, clean coffeemaker, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prior experience in serving is preferred
• Ability to present meal alternatives to residents and guests.
• Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
• Effective communication skills in English
• General knowledge of sanitation and safe food handling practices
• Ability to retain orders (up to 4 at one time)
Compassion – Genuinely cares about people Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the needs and expectations of the internal and external customer Ethics, Integrity, & Values – Adheres to Holiday’s core values and beliefs during both good and bad times.
• Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging
• Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
• Seizes more opportunities than others
Dealing with Ambiguity
• Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably
• Can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air
• Doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough
• Is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle
stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected
• Doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis
Learning on the Fly
• Learns quickly when facing new problems; relentless and versatile learner
• Open to change; analyzes both successes and failure for clues to improvement
• Experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
• Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything
• Practices attentive and active listening
• Has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when
• Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting
• Tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting
• Waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing
• Follows established process
Job Ref: 6815