Holiday Retirement Housekeeper in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Job Title: Housekeeper Job Code: 6916 Department: Housekeeping Job Family: Field Operations Reports to: Community Leadership FLSA: Non-Exempt Job Overview:
In the role of Housekeeper, you will be responsible to maintain Holiday Community interior including residents’ apartments in a clean and sanitary fashion, and in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Provide general housekeeping for both the Community as a whole, and individual resident apartment. This includes, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning the main entry way, common areas, dining room, hallways, patios, and resident apartments.
• Resident apartments also include clean and defrost refrigerators (as needed), clean and check heat system filters, etc., change the bed and linens, make sure adequate linen supplies in each apartment. Turn mattress (with assistance) as necessary and empty waste baskets.
• Provide deep cleaning of apartments as needed. Pay special attention to the main entry area, with focus on carpets, plants, pictures, railings, windows and light fixtures.
• Launder all linens by washing and drying in the laundry facilities provided.
• Follow Holiday’s sanitation and safety procedures. Details regarding the housekeeper’s cleaning responsibilities can be found in the Holiday Retirement Community Care Guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prior related experience in housekeeping is preferred
• Demonstrated Customer Service orientation
• Effective communication skills in English
• General knowledge of sanitation and safety practices or ability to quickly learn and retain.
• Ability to perform housekeeping duties following housekeeping sanitation standards.
• Basic Computer skills
Competencies Core to all Holiday Retirement positions: Compassion – Genuinely cares about people Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the needs and expectations of the internal and external customer Ethics, Integrity, & Values – Adheres to Holiday’s core values and beliefs during both good and bad times.
TA-0023-JD 03.12.16 Page 2 of 3
Specific to the position:
• Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as
• Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
• Seizes more opportunities than others
• Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm,
pleasant, and gracious
• Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others
• Builds rapport well; is a good listener
• Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it
Dealing with Ambiguity
• Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably
• Can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air
• Doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
• Builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships
• Uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
• Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the fact of resistance or setbacks.
• Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time
• Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities
• Gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
Job Ref: 126318